%post script to get my files off CD.

Hello, I'm new to this list and Linux.  I have made an GNUPL MP3 player for the car that I wish to make an install CD for, and I intend to use kick-start.

So far I have made a custom RH8 CD that is bootable and automatically runs the kick-start script on the CD  by following these directions: http://www.redhawk.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5

The script just formats the host and installs a cut down RH. What I want to know is how I can install my software by adding it to the CD image of the RH CD and use the %post section of the kickstart file to copy my MP3 software onto the host and adjust the Linux environment files so that every time the computer starts my console application is loaded.

So:

1) where on the CD should I place my software?
2) This chroot thing confuses me, how do I copy my files off the CDROM, in the chroot environment or not? I mean excuse my ignorance here, but if the newly installed system is mounted on /mnt/sysimage, what is at / is that in memory? How do I access the CDROM?

Regards,

Lloyd

PS  - My software will appear at http://sourceforge.net/projects/kecoss/ as soon as I figure this installation out.