Re: Help needed adding modules to the boot image

I am in the process of trying out Christophers' steps right now.

I want to make sure I didn't mess up the boot portion.  To run the BOOT
kernel, I did the following steps:

1)  edit /etc/lilo.conf  -- I added a second section to lilo.conf and
altered the image line to point to the BOOT kernel:
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2
      label=linux
      read-only
      root=/dev/hda10
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2BOOT
      label=linux-BOOT
      read-only
      root=/dev/hda10

2)  run /sbin/lilo since the lilo.conf file has changed
3) Reboot system in the BOOT kernel  (i.e label should be "linux-BOOT")

Is that all accurate?

                      Ed Brown
                      <ebrown@xxxxxxxx>            To:      kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      kickstart-list-admin         Subject: Re: Help needed adding modules to the boot image
                      @redhat.com
                      No Phone Info
                      Available

                      03/24/2003 02:06 PM
                      Please respond to
                      kickstart-list

Rebecca,

    These are good suggestions and may solve your problem.  Let me remind
you
too that you have to have be running the BOOT version of the kernel at the
time
that you compile the module.

-Ed