From: Jason L Tibbitts III [mailto:tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 8:48 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: generating multiple kickstart files

>>>>> "r" == red  <John> writes:

r> It seems to me you're close to having a CGI interface that can
r> generate them on the fly.

Well, the problem is that since the boot disk is identical and the machines use DHCP to get net access in order to download the kickstart file, there's no easy way to automatically generate the right
config file for a machine.  The IP that connects to get the file isn't the same IP that the machine will end up with.  I suppose I could do it by hardware address, taking the remote IP and looking in
the ARP table.

 - J<