Re: how to manage kickstart file

I'm in the middle of converting my static, nfs served kickstart files to
some dynamically generated, http served configurations.

I am going to be dynamically generating the kickstart files from a
database (initially gadfly), but until that is ready I want to serve my
working static files.  I'm using mod_python rather than CGI because I
prefer to program in python.  I've attached a tarball with most of what
I currently have.

Here are some instructions:
 1) Unpack it in a directory accessible from the web
 2) Make sure mod_python is running on your system
 3) Place your existing ks files in the top directoy (kickstart) and
    make sure they are named <ip>-kickstart.  Symlinks work fine.
 4) Use ks=<server>/<some-path>/kickstart/<anything>.ks to get a per-ip
    kickstart file (if one already exists).
 5) If a per-ip kickstart file does not exist, the bottom of
    kickstart/ksserver/handler.py can be used to either serve or build
    the proper configuration.

Caveats:
 1) I have edited some files for security and so not all of them are
valid python.
 2) It is not anywhere near done.

If you have question, let me know.  I use Red Hat and can help setting
up a similar system.  I'm leaving early for the weekend (early for US
timezones), but I'll be back on Monday.

Tony

--
Anthony Joseph Seward <anthony.seward@xxxxxxxx>