Kickstart and modules.conf

Hi,

I'am building a custom bootable Red Hat 7.3 installation CD. My problem is that kickstart/anaconda does not seem to recognize the onboard Intel PRO/1000 (e1000.o) chipset and add the alias entries to modules.conf file. I have modified the initrrd image to include the module and updated related information like pcitable etc. So, my questions are:

1. If the setup process identifies the network chips correctly, should it also update the modules.conf file?
2. How can I troubleshoot the identification of PCI devices in setup process?
3. What actually updates the modules.conf file in setup process? anaconda, kudzu ... ?

All help is most welcome.

++karri