From: Rebecca.R.Hepper@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Rebecca.R.Hepper@xxxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 12:59 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: how can I view output from %post

Yes, at the beginning of the %post section do a 'chvt 3' to change to
virtual terminal 3 where the echo statements will appear.  Then at the
end of the %post switch back to 'chvt 1'.

                      "Lambert, Eric"

                      <Eric.Lambert@citade         To:
<kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

                      lgroup.com>                  cc:

                      Sent by:                     Subject: RE: how can
I view output from %post
                      kickstart-list-admin

                      @redhat.com

                      No Phone Info

                      Available

                      03/04/2003 12:52 PM

                      Please respond to

                      kickstart-list

Some fast responders out there...thanks!!!  I've had a couple mention
that this output would be on the F3 virtual terminal.  Is there a
command I can include at the start of the %post (someone mentioned chvt)
to switch to that so I can see the output (I'll try it in a test)?

Has anyone else tried and tested something like Philip suggests:

[Phil says:]
This works for me. I don't know how much of it is necessary/overkill.

%post
#!/bin/sh
exec > /dev/console 2>&1
TERM=dumb
reset
clear

[other commands here...]

Thanks for the help everyone!

-Eric Lambert

P.S. If the list administrator is reading this, is the search feature on
the list page working for you?  Two users say no so far, so I'm only
checking.  Thanks.