RE: rh80 anaconda crash on failure to map package to filename

Thanks, I think I get it now.

  - any package you reference in ks.cfg requires anaconda
      to be able to map package to filename (via genhdist
      reading the RPMS tree and writing hdlist+hdlist2)

  - any package you reference in ks.cfg, even if you are
      telling kickstart to 'not' install it, needs to be
      present in the RedHat/RPMS tree

  - if you want to avoid editing comps.xml to change RedHat's
      idea of 'mandatory' to something else (ie, 'optional'),
      you'd use ks.cfg to deselect those packages, but you have
      to live with the limitations above or anaconda crashes
      when it parses the ks.cfg package list vs. the comps.xml
      file.

Once I added the rpms from core+base that I exclude in my
ks.cfg, and reran genhdlist, the resulting CD kickstarts
just fine.

Thanks for the help...

--
---------- Vince.Skahan@xxxxxxxxxx ---------