Re: %post script

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Preston Wade wrote:

>When I use a post install script in my ks.cfg file the following things
>don't happen.
>/mnt/cdrom - doesn't get created
>/mnt/floppy - doesn't get created
>their corresponding entries in /etc/fstab don't get created.

Kudzu, and specifically updfstab are responsible for creating these.
They will not appear until your system first boots after kickstart. Have
a look at /etc/init.d/kudzu.

If you disable kudzu (as I do), you will need to run updfstab separately
in your postinstall script(s) to create /dev/cdrom etc.

>these entries normally get installed with the filesystem rpm which I am
>installing.

Not true - filesystem contains no files in /dev.

Cheers,

Phil