Kickstart NFS flooding

My configuration is RedHat 7.3 on client and server, boot off floppy
with ks.cfg on the floppy. Installation media is on NFS.

When the client being installed attempts to mount the NFS volume
containing installation media from the server it sometimes floods the
server with NFS mount requests. Starting with the very first NFS
mount request it sends mount requests with a 0.000015 second interval
(that includes the time required to send the request), completely
flooding the server.

This happens something like five times out of six. I have not been
able to see a pattern. NFS on the server is configured to allow the
client to mount, and once the mount requests are stopped, it logs
that it has authenticated a very large number of mount requests.

Has anyone else encountered this, or have a clue what might be going
on? I'm at wits end, preparing to ditch NFS in favor of HTTP, but I'd
still like to know what the problem really is.

--
David Byers.