Re: integrating updates

What I've done is used ftpcopy from a local updates mirror, dumped those files into a web accessible directory, and pointed yum at it.

Then on the freshly built machine I run yum update to grab all of the updated packages. (I have to run an after boot script anyway for vmware patching and tripwire init) You may be able to stuff this near the end of your %post section.

- andrew

yum is available at http://www.dulug.duke.edu/yum/

yum will run nightly to keep the local machine in sync with the update tree. I would recommend _NOT_ doing kernel upgrades this way. (I tried it and it broke my test box, I didn't spend much time debugging it)

Derek Vadala wrote:
Is there an easy way of integrating rpm files from the updates tree into
the main distribution tree? I could write some Perl to do this, but I
don't want to reinvent the wheel. It's also a bit of a pain because there
isn't really a standard naming scheme (though there are a minimum of
deviations.

I've googled a bit for this, but it seems like everyone out there has
avoided automating this part.

--
Derek Vadala, derek@xxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.cynicism.com/~derek