Kickstart via virtual floppy....

Does anyone have any experience with installing Linux using HP's Intergrated Lights Out (iLO) Card?  I'm using the virtual floppy that is supplied through this interface.  I am able to install Linux successfully but not the GRUB boot loader.  I get a "Error 29: Disk write error" or something to that effect.  In order to perform the installation I unzip the bootnet.img's initrd.img file and copy the ks.cfg file within the initrd.img then gzip everything back together.  I know it has to do with a pathing issue as to I can successfully install including the boot loader if I just locate the ks.cfg within the bootnet.img itself but this requires the floppy disk to be physically loaded on the server.  The only thing that I modify is the syslinux.cfg file with an append to tell it where the ks.cfg file is located.

Here's how my syslinux.cfg files look.

ks.cfg located in initrd.img for virtual floppy use:

default ks

prompt 0

label ks

kernel vmlinuz

append ks=file:ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img

ks.cfg located in bootnet.img for physical floppy use:

default ks

prompt 0

label ks

kernel vmlinuz

append ks=floppy initrd=initrd.img

I've also played around with the ks.cfg file's bootloader configuration and nothing seems to help.  If anyone out knows what I'm talking about and has managed to get this working, I'd appreciate your help.

Thx!!

-Carlos