Re: example minimal comps file + RPM list ?

Rather than simply add a "me too", might I suggest posting the script to the list? I think this particular task (a 1 CD installation) Is of interest to quite a number of folks.

Also am I taking you description of what you did to mean that you've got a "1 CD" distro becuase all of the packages you request in your kickstart.cfg happen to be on the
first CD?

Keith

jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi
may I too have a copy of the script please
James

I created a single CD RH 8.0 CD, but I did it a little different:

* Used only the BASE and CORE rpms (took out the SRPMs as well)
* Updated with updated RPMs (errata)
* I did not modify the comps.xml file, since I am using Kickstart, and
you can explicitly list the groups that you want. Since I only have
BASE/CORE rpms, I can just list those (although, I left them out since
they install by default).
* Ran genhdlist (I did not do a buildinstall or splitdistro at all)

This worked for me, since I was using Kickstart. This might not work for
you if you were building a general 1 CD RH install.

I also wrote a script that reads the comps.xml file, and generates a
list of RPMs for BASE and CORE (you can modify it to use other groups as
well). If this would be helpful to you (or anyone else), I can send it
to you. I also wrote a script that takes that list, and removes all RPMs
not on that list from a directory.

HTH,

   --brett