From: kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of moreta
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 2:37 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Exception error with kickstart and 8.0

Hello,

I'm new to using kickstart and I'm getting an error message from the
installation and I am not sure if it is a bug or what. Anyone seen this
before:

python2.2:rpmio_internal.h:235: fdGetFp: Assertion `fd && fd-> magic
==0x04463138' failed.
install exited abnormally

Also, my ks.cfg file does specify the nfs server to use...but each time the
process asks me to enter the ip address or name of the nfs server and then
the
export directory. Is there something I am doing wrong?

below is some excerts:
ks.cfg.....
network --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp
nfs --server 192.249.x.x --dir
/export/location/of/the/Redhat/installation/tree

syslinux.cfg.....
default linux ks=floppy
display snake.msg
label ks
    kernel vmlinuz
    append ks=floppy initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=9216