Re: automate RHN setup

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 11:29, James S. Martin wrote:
> I'm trying to use the rhnreg_ks program to automatically configure my
> machine during kickstart for the Red Hat Network.  I am successful if I do:
>
> rhnreg_ks --username=myname --password=mypasswd
> --email=james.martin@xxxxxxxxx
>

> however, if I use the --cryptedpassword option I get:

You can't use a crypted password here (because kickstart would have to
be able to decrypt it to use it to login), but what you can do is login
to RHN and use the 'Activation Keys' feature to generate a key that will
allow you to register to your account without specifying the password at
all to rhnreg_ks, you will just use the activation key instead.

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@xxxxxxxxxx
Senior Engineer                 Red Hat Professional Consulting