Kickstart partition question

Is it possible to specify which partition a mount point should be allocated to?

I have a number of machines that I need to re-kickstart, and they need to have a partition on them to allow them to "rekickstart" themselves (via a hard drive kickstart).  After doing some tests, i found a couple of machines (identical hardware) that put this partition in different places (some put it on /dev/hda5 and others on /dev/hda6).  I used the exact same kickstart floppy to set up the partitions.

Once the partitions are created, I can then specify the partition, but if there are no pre-existing partitions (or the partition table isn't what I want), I can't specify the --onpart command.

Just thinking out loud, would I be able to use "parted" before I kickstarted to partition it the way I wanted it and then kickstart it using the --onpart command...