RE: rpm syntax in %post section of RH8

Title: RE: rpm syntax in %post section of RH8

Thanks Chris!  It worked.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Rouch [mailto:cdvr@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 1:20 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: rpm syntax in %post section of RH8

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 21:20, Martin Canovas wrote:
> The %post -nochroot is not running the rpm command.
>
> I'm mounting a directory from the server and copying a few files. That
> is working fine. The same directory has the rpm package I want to
> install.
>
> Example:
> mount server1:/usr/src/postinstall /mnt/tmp
> rpm -U /mnt/tmp/jdk-1.3.1_06.i586.rpm
> umount /mnt/tmp
>
> What is wrong?

You need to do this in a chroot environment.

I have some rpms that don't install well from anaconda (e.g webmin) in a
directory in the install tree, and do something like:

%post --nochroot

cp /mnt/source/badrpms/webmin-1.050-1.noarch.rpm /mnt/sysimage/tmp
chroot /mnt/sysimage rpm -ivh /tmp/webmin-1.050-1.noarch.rpm

This is all done in a script, but that's roughly what it does. In the
example above badrpms would be a directory on your nfs server at the
same level as RedHat.

> Can I include a custom rpm package in %package section? How?

Yes. It's not trivial though. There's some information at
http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/comps.html

and you'll find some other useful stuff if you search the archives for
this list. You might want to look at
http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html as well, which
is only for redhat 7.x, but some of it is relevant to redhat 8.0

Regards,

Chris