Package Selection

I have discovered behavior on the part of Kickstart that
I wasn't expecting:  namely, that an install performed
from an unmodified Anaconda-generated kickstart file did
NOT duplicate the package selection of the original install.

I normally run the graphic installer, and I always choose
"Custom" for the installation type.  Under this scenario,
RH8 provides 2 places where you can alter individual package
selection:  (A) under "Details" when doing Package Group
selection (new in RH8), and (B) if the checkbox for "Individual
Package selection" is enabled, in the menus for that (either
Tree view or Flat view).  I have discovered experimentally
that type (A) individual package selection adjustments are NOT
passed thru to the kickstart file although type (B) selections
are (as one would expect).  I am seeing this behavior both
where including previously unselected pckages, and where
excluding previously selected ones.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior??  Is this a bug, or
just a large "BE AWARE" for those intending to use kickstart
based on the Anaconda-generated kickstart file??  A Bugzilla
search did not locate any relevant bugs.

I have more experiments to do, to confirm that making all
the individual package selection changes as type (B) produces
a proper duplicate installation, and will report if any other
anomalies appear.

Any comments are welcome.
A. Becker