Re: dealing with persistant data

Unfortunately, Rick I can't due to non-disclosure agreements and such but
here is a quick
run down:

     1) Use mknod to create the device files you need.
     2) Use "fdisk -l <device>" to get the current partition table.  Using
read in the
         the shell you can parse the output fairly handily.
     3) Once your output is parsed create a multiline string that would
generate
          the appropriate commands for fdisk to create the exact partition
table you
          need.
     4) Pipe this command string into fdisk as in:

          echo "${cmdString}" | fdisk

         Note double quoting the var is important as otherwise the end of
line chars will
         become spaces.

The kickstart directives to partition your drive should be omitted from
your kickstart file of course.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...james

rick bradshaw <bradshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>@redhat.com on 12/19/2002 09:56:48 AM

Please respond to kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx