Re: taygon gigE

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:

> has anyone gotten the taygon gigE ethernet adapter to work with kickstart
> I recompiled the bootnet.img kernel with the driver built into the kernel.
> but it will not nfs mount.
> I also tried adding is as a module but it would not get an ip from dhcp.

It happens that the DHCPD config I just posted is the one I'm using.

 Nabarlek boots the specified image just fine; I'm using a 3com 3c59x
NIC and a bootrom on floppy.

The image has a custom kernel in which I have built in support for the
3com NIC, and also enabled certain kernel options.

See /usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/nfsroot.txt for more. You don't
have to go the entire nfs root path (though that is a dashed good way to
fiddle with a system without risking your tools).