Re: DHCP kickstart leads to bogus entry in /etc/hosts

HM> I looked at doing this - would you send the list the code you use?

Well, my ks.cfg files are generated from a script; I give it the
hostname and a few other things (OS rev to install, whether X should
run, video RAM for unsupported cards, etc.) and it spits out a
complete ks.cfg file that gets pulled from a web server.

This is part of what gets put in %post:

#
# Hostname resolution
#
cat <<EOF > /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       XHOSTNAMEX      XSHORTNAMEX     localhost.localdomain   localhost
[other hosts hidden]
EOF

XHOSTNAMEX and XSHORTNAMEX are replaced with the long and short
hostname.

Except for running OpenMosix, I've never seen any reason to put the IP
address of the host in its /etc/hosts file.

 - J<