RE: RH 7.1 and large partitions

Hi Robert,

> I remember having a similar issue with one of my kickstarts,
> but cannot
> remember which Red Hat version.  I do remember that I was
> able to solve the
> problem by specifying a --maxsize larger than the remaining
> space.  For
> example,
>   part /usr  --size 512  --maxsize 80000 --grow

Thank you for this suggestion - that looks like it was exactly what I needed!

The only thing to watch for is that from what I can tell, the install scripts
allocate space on a percentage basis. i.e. if /usr has a maxsize of 10000 and
/var has a maxsize of 1000, the remaining space will be allocated on a 10:1
basis.

After I put in the large maxsize for /usr, the build therefore set all my
other partitions to their absolute minimum sizes! :-) I then changed the build
so that all other partitions were fixed, and the /usr partition was the only
one that could grow. It now works very well indeed.

Thanks again for your help!

Jonathan