Re: post install actions not working

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 10:34, Drew Shuller wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a Redhat newbie...I'm having two problems with the post installation
> section of my ks file. Everything works up until the post section. Here's
> the section of my ks file:
>
> %post --nochroot
>
> cd /var/log
> /bin/mkdir /var/log/httpd
>

> First problem -- the mkdir commands are not working at all when I include
> the --nochroot switch. Without the switch, I get the directory, but instead
> of http, I get http? which wreaks havoc on my prompt when I try to switch to
> it:

With --nochroot, the paths to the commands (and the paths to things like
/etc/passwd) are wrong, you need to run these in the chrooted
environment to get them to work.

The http? problem sounds like your ks.cfg has DOS line endings, make
sure it is saved as a unix text file.

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@xxxxxxxxxx
Senior Engineer                 Red Hat Professional Consulting