Re: KS & Redhat 8.0

Neil Bingham wrote:
Has anyone tried kickstart on 8.0?  I've tried it on two different
workstations now and both times the installer sig 11s.

This appears to be just after it retrieves the ks.cfg file over the
network via NFS.

Traced this back to the resolvedeps flag that can be set on %packages.
Removing the flag and the install works perfectly.

If this is repeatable, please file a bug in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.redhat.com/) and attach your kickstart file.

I used kickstart quite extensively throughout the 8.0 development cycle and never had any problems with the --resolvedeps option.