Re: Some documentation on the new XML comps file

On Thursday 03 October 2002 02:26, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> In an effort to try to answer some of the questions before they get
> asked, I've put up a first go at some documentation on the new XML comps
> file format at http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/comps.html.  It should

Ripper. On my first it looks good. Won't really know until I try it out.

> be a complete reference to all of the things which are recognized for
> the file as well as information on how to generate the package lists
> with dependencies and a simple little python script which uses some
> attributes of the file.

And this is the fly in the ointment.

Any prospect of some support for Perl for those of us who are allergic to
snakes?

> I also went ahead and put up the master comps-milan.xml.in file plus the
> po files which are used in generating the final comps.xml.  It's a bit
> easier to edit the .in file since it doesn't have the translations
> merged in which makes it shorter and easier to follow.  Tarball is at
> http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/comps-8.0.tar.gz

I'd like to see that released in future Anaconda packages. Along with the
comps-extras. Seems to me anyone who's dabbling in Anaconda will want the
others, and it will save asking (as I already have), "Where are the nissing
bits?"

> If anyone has any questions or clarifications, feel free to ask here

We will.

We will.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.