RE: (no subject)

I know SuSE has/is working on a network installation method. I believe it is
called ALICE http://www.suse.com/us/private/support/howto/alice/#what

-----Original Message-----
From: John [mailto:valhalla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 September 2002 09:45
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: (no subject)

On Thursday 19 September 2002 12:27, Lv Redevif wrote:
> I'm wandering whether I can build kickstart mechanism into any linux
> distribution. Is it only supported by Anaconda program?

Kickstart and Anaconda are specific to RHL. There are other ways of getting
Linux to computers over a LAN.

Booting & running a system over a LAN is one - see the kernel docs for
pointers.

You _could_ have a small system you run that way that installs to its host.

You could also make a similar system that boots from CD and does similar
things. Bero's rescue CD is an example of how it can be done. I think you
will find a few more at freshmeat.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the
sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your
system.
All electronic communications with the Company may be monitored
in accordance with the UK Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act,
Lawful Business Practice Regulations, 2000.
If you do not consent to such monitoring, you should contact
the sender of the e-mail.
The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of this
email is strictly forbidden. If you need assistance please contact
Head Office on (+44)(0)870 749 9000 between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm GMT