Re: Modifying Anaconda Code

* Cipriano Groenendal <cipri@xxxxxxxxxx> [2002-09-17 09:13]:
> Right now i've got my own local RedHat CD tree without all the unneeded
> rpm's, and updated with the latest updates.
> I have created a kickstart based on RedHat 7.2, bu there are some minor
> parts about the installer I'd like to change.
> I've already found the Python code in the anaconda(-devel) package, and
> modified that, but I'm unsure how I compile that code into my own Anaconda
> that will be used as installer?

You have to modify what's in the stage2.img, in <RH tree>/RedHat/base
or get buildinstall (a script in /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime) to use
your system anaconda instead of recreating it from rpms.

To check the changes, I chroot in the stage2.img with this command:

$ mount -o loop /data/beluga/redhat/i386/RedHat/base/stage2.img /mnt/img \
                       && chroot /mnt/img /usr/bin/sh && umount /mnt/img

You'll probably find all you need in this howto
by Tony Nugent <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html

Have fun.
--