Re: Problem with clearpart

On 2002.09.11 20:43 Mike McLean wrote:
Ian Leonard wrote:
The machines I run it on have disks other than hda.
When kickstart runs I get messages about invalid
partition tables on the other disks.

Where do these messages appear?

Slightly tricky to answer since I am no where near
a machine on which I can reproduce it. However I have
seen the same/similar message when installing manually.

The message will appear immediately after entering
partitioning information (disk druid). It will say that the partition
table on the disk is corrupt and should it be initialised.

In real life we say no to this question and kickstart carries
on happily. The actual disks don't have a partition table. Disks are used
as one big raw partition (for raw data). Kickstart is obviously
looking for either a new disk or one that has been previously
fdisk'ed.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.