buildinstall and no space on device error

Hi folks,

I've been attempting to create a new bootnet.img with the latest kernel-BOOT RPM to fix the problem of some recent Promise FastTrack controllers not working with the install, but unfortunately, the buildinstall script isn't quite finishing its job, and I'm not sure why or how to fix it.

All of the images are successfully written (including bootnet.img), but it errors out before generating the other stage img files for the base directory. I get the following:

mke2fs 1.27 (8-Mar-2002)
Wrote /tmp/makebootdisk.tree.20568 (2016k compressed, 1444k free)
cp: writing `/tmp/makebootdisk.tree.20568/vmlinuz': No space left on device
sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
sed: couldn't write 71 items to {standard output}: No space left on device
sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
sed: Couldn't close {standard output}
/distro/7.3/buildinstall.tree.15638/mk-images: Failed to copy messages from /distro/7.3/RedHat/instimage/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/ to /tmp/makebootdisk.tree.20568.

Note this is after all of the normal images have been generated...and I can't even tell what it is trying to generate at the point where the error occurs. Now I know what could cause the standard disk img files (boot.img, bootnet.img, etc.) to be too large, and I've tried to reduce the number of drivers going in to see if this might be impacted, but it makes no difference. Anyway, shouldn't these secondary images be allowed to be as large as they need to be?

Anyone have any pointers on how to debug and/or fix this? I'm kind of stumped at this point...

Thanks!
--
Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web caching appliances and support.