Re: kickstart by nfs from cd

On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 20:13, John wrote:
> On Sunday 11 August 2002 05:02, Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 12:11, Philippe Gendreau wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'd like to make a redhat cd that boots from the cd and install
> > > from nfs. I'm thinking kickstart is the easiest way to do it if I want
> > > to keep the possibility of doing a cd install (for the first machine,
> > > which gets the cds copied-on). I guess I will have to put a ks.cfg in
> > > the cdboot.img and burn a cd, but do I have to modify it to also include
> > > all the network stuff?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > --
> > > Philippe Gendreau
> > >

> > Load your kickstart file from NFS also and then you don't have to modify
> > anything.
>
> Doesn't help at all with the option of installing from CD.
>
> P needs a boot floppy that contains his network driver and can install from
> CD.
>
> He needs to dig into Anaconda to find how to create boot floppies -
> fortunately he has 2.88 Mbytes to play with.
>
> He can have one or more ks files on the boot floppy (which, I might point out,
> is used for booting the CD and is specified with "-b" on the mkisofs command.
>
> Tony Nugent has a useful document on hacking around with Anaconda, and it's
> mentioned in the archives.
>

> --
>

> Cheers
> John.

I could have sworn that I had done this in previous version, but since I
was not in a position to verify, I didn't follow up.  I did just verify
that with the new beta (null) it is possible to do network install from
the stock first CD.  So at least with the next release one won't have to
rebuild the CDs as often.

Tony