Re: Logging connections

hi,

why not use the server logs from the NFS server? If you make a custom RPM, someone might not load it.

I think that the Linux NFS server logs connections and has tcp wrappers support?

Scott Croft wrote:
I was asked an interesting question yesterday. "How can we log
connections to the kickstart server to track who is connecting to
install systems from this server?"

One person suggested installing a custom rpm that is dependent on
another mandatory package. Another suggested setting up monitoring of
the network ports.

Anyone out there doing this, or know of a package that can do this. Our
kickstart server's nfs shares are ro for the world (at least inside our
company), which isn't a concern, but we would like to track the systems
that people load, and don't come to us for a kickstart disk or have us
setup the config files.

Thanks

Scott