Re: List of Available options within a kickstart file

On Monday 12 August 2002 17:42, Edmund J. Sutcliffe wrote:
> Hi,
> 	is there anywhere a complete list of what options are available
> within a kickstart configuration ?

There is, and it's in your set of RHL manuals.

Customisation guide, I think.

> 	Also is there anyway to configure the
> 	nfs --server 10.101.1.1
> line so that the server IP address is say taken from the dhcp packet or
> from some environmental variable which is set within the %pre section of
> the kickstart file

%pre is too late. By then you're installing and you've downloaded stuff from
the server.

Best I can think of is what I do - get the ks file by http. It's easy to
change and you could even produce it on-the-fly in a CGi script.

Needless to say, the CGI script has the IP address of the client. Good enough?

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.