scsi w/net install

Hello all,

I am trying to do a kickstart install on several machines that have
harddrives but no floppy.  Some of these machines have SCSI harddrives
while others have IDE.  On those with IDE harddrives I do the following:

 1) copy the files in bootnet.img to /boot/ks
    #!/bin/bash
    mkdir -p /tmp/ks.bootnet
    mount -o loop bootnet.img /tmp/ks.bootnet
    cp -a /tmp/ks.bootnet /boot/ks

 2) copy my ks.cfg file to /boot/ks

 3) add this stanza to /etc/lilo.cfg:
    image=/boot/ks/vmlinuz
        label=install
        initrd=/boot/ks/initrd.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda1
        append="ks=hd:hda1/ks/ks.cfg"

 4) update lilo with 'lilo && lilo -R install'

 5) reboot

This works just fine for the machines with IDE drives.  However, on the
machines with SCSI drives, linux complains with "failed to mount sda1".  My
guess is that the /boot/ks/vmlinuz kernel does not have the SCSI driver
loaded.  Am I correct?  If I am, can the kernel load the SCSI driver as a
module?  If so, where should I put the module(s)?

Regards,
- Robert