From: kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ajay Shekhawat
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 8:44 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 8GB is not enough space in / partition

I seem to recall (faintly) that some BIOSes have a problem with
boot/root
partitions  being greater than 8GB. I know your /boot is separate,
but "/" is 8GB. It is possible that the BIOS is reporting it to
be something, and Anaconda is taking it to mean zero.  Try making "/"
something smaller (like 6GB) and see what happens.

It is also possible that I'm hallucinating, but whats to lose?

Ajay

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 05:02:09PM -0700, Michael Hannon wrote:
> Greetings.  We've been having a peculiar problem with a kickstart
> installation in Redhat 7.3.  We're trying to install onto a Dell
> workstation with a 40GB, ATA disk drive.
>
> We assign four primary partitions, one for each of /boot, /, swap, and

> /local, and assign 8GB (N.B.) to the root (/) partition.  See the
appended
> ks.cfg for the exact details.
>
> The problem is that after the installer chews on all of our package
> information, it reports back that we don't have enough space in our /
> partition: we need 1342MB more!

<snip>

> Can anybody suggest what we're doing wrong?
>
> Thanks.
>
>                                          - Mike

<ks.cfg snipped for brevity>