Re: /usr/sbin/mouseconfig --no such file

The files RedHat/base/*.img are cramfs files.  If you do 'file <filename>'
it will report a type of 'data' on most systems.  However, if you try to
mount it with a kernel that supports cramfs filesystems
(grep cram /proc/filesystems) you will be fine.  But then the thing is read
only.  So what I do is mount it up, tar it to another directory, make my
changes, and then make the cramfs image again ala:

mkcramfs <directory I just copied and made changes in> <new cramfs file image>

Very easy to make changes.  I have tried to get my changes passed all the
way through the buildinstall crap that RH passes off as the way to do this
and have failed every time.  However, this method works perfectly.

Command summary:
mount -o loop stage2.img /mnt
mkdir ~/cramfs
cd /mnt
tar cvf - . | (cd ~/cramfs ; tar xfBp -)
cd ~/cramfs
make your changes
cd ~
mkcramfs ./cramfs ./newcramfs.img