Re: Keeping systems up to date?

> I'm wondering what the rest of you do - If there's one magical solution
> for this!  I'm really interested to know what the rest of you have come
> up with.  Maybe with a bit of collaboration we can come up with
> something.

I build a solution with a small python script an some bash scripts which
allow updating by setting a softlink so the changed file. It supports
changed config files, rpm and tars. But it depends strongly on the
structure of my installation tree and on NFS.

It can be found at
http://w3studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/dokumentation/doku/rh-7.3/index_en.html

	cu

		Florian Festi

PS.: Kickstart without automatic update is like swimming without water. I
think this is not the wrong list for this issue.