Re: Intel Pro 1000 woes

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 09:49:07AM -0700, Christopher Malek wrote:
> You actually can build your own modules for the install kernel without
> unresolved symbols: you just have to make sure that your kernel source
> tree is configured properly.
>
> These instructions are for RH7.2, adjust appropriately for RH7.3:

  <snipped for brevity>

I've done these exact same steps (for 7.3) but still got unresolved symbols;
I'm 99% positive that this is what I did. :-/

I just re-did all the steps mentioned in your email. Since I don't have
a system to test this on, I did the next best thing: I looked at the
symbols in the module built, and compared them with those on the bootnet
floppy.

The symbol "pci_unregister_driver" (randomly chosen) in the modules on
the bootnet floppy is named
	pci_unregister_driver_R6387cfd3

while in the module I just built, it is
	pci_unregister_driver_R26713b86

As you can see, it won't be resolved at load time, leading to failure.

Ajay