Re: Intel Pro 1000 woes

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:24:42AM +0200, Oliver Jovic wrote:
> Well i described how to build your own initrd.img (on bootnet.img but
> should work also with boot.img because its only the modules part you
> replace on the initrd.img) some days ago how to do it on this mailinglist:

> Maybe you should take a look on the thread. I havent tried it with a e1000
> yet but if you follow the howto it will probably work. I am pretty sure.
>
> oj

Your writeup works, as long as the modules are already  built by RedHat
and are available on one of the images.
If you have to build your own module (as the original poster had to), then
you get into problems (like unresolved symbols).

I have yet to read an account of someone successfully building modules for
kickstart on a machine which is not running the same version of the kernel (or
even on one which is, for that matter).

Ajay