Re: addrpm script

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 04:38, Paul Knowles wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
>  I was recently very frustrated by the add-rpm.py script
> alluded to in your very helpful Customized-installer
> mini-HOWTO, so I wrote my own addrpm script.  It is a
> bash/shell script, so i expect it is easier to understand
> and hack about with.  I have tested it and it does what I
> want it to (i.e., you can have
> openssh-*{2.9p1,3.0p1,3.3p1,3.4p1} all hanging about in the
> updates directory yet it will figure out that only the 3.4p1
> version is worth trying to wedge into the real tree.  If it
> gets confused it will ask for help.
>
> In case this is of use to you (and others on the kickstart
> list) here it is.  As per usual, if it breaks you can keep
> the pieces.

Hi,
 I wrote part of the add-rpm script - what in particular was confusing.

also your shell script doesn't appear to use rpm to actually do the ver
comparison so it will, almost undoubtedly, get some of the version
comparison wrong.

for values of wrong equaling "not what rpm would do"

If there is something in particular that would be helpful to be
explained in the add-rpm.py script let me know.

-sv