[Fwd: user input in the %post section?]

Mike,

  Let me clarify that last question, I did a rpm -ql on console-tools and I read the man pages on open and switchto as you suggested.  But I seem to want to believe that you were refering to something else.

Thanks,

-Todd

Todd Chilson wrote:

Mike,

  Here is a really naive question for you.  When you say "look at the other goodies in the console-tools rpm."  What do you mean?  Doh!  :-)

Thanks,

-Todd

Mike McLean wrote:

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Todd Chilson wrote:
>

>>Mike,
>>

>>>Can you only use chvt 3???
>>
>>Yes, that is all Iam doing.  :-)  Isn't that just sweet!
>>
>>-Todd
>

> i think he was asking if he can use any number other than 3.
> and i don't know, i've never tried any other number.  anyone?

The kernel supports tty0 through tty63, i believe.  However, all 64
/dev/ttyXX files are not necessarily present (even after the install).

Those interested might want to have a look at the other goodies in the
console-tools rpm.  Also see the utilities 'open' and 'switchto' in the
open rpm.

Todd Chilson
Desktop Support
Incyte Genomics