Re: Problems finding ks.cfg file on CD-ROM

Harry Smith wrote:
Here is the syslinux.cfg that is on my floppy

default linux ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg

If you are using a floppy, just put the ks.cfg on the floppy, and use ks=floppy. To use ks=cdrom on 7.2 and previous, you must rebuild the anaconda loader, which has been discussed several times on this list (and on anaconda-devel). Search the archives to find it.

Second problem -
If the ks.cfg file in on the floppy, everything works correctly until it tries to install our company specific rpms.  The lines are as follows:

echo ' Fixing LILO...' >> /dev/console
rpm -i /mnt/source/gravRPMS/liloconf-1.0-grav1.noarch.rpm

The problem here is that you are trying to install the rpm into the initrd. Try copying the rpms to your newly configured hard drive in %post --nochroot, and then use %post to install them. Something like:

%post --nochroot
mkdir /mnt/sysimage/gravRPMS
cp /mnt/source/gravRPMS/*.rpm /mnt/sysimage/gravRPMS

%post
rpm -ivh /gravRPMS/*.rpm

Forrest