7.3 installer with XFS

    Florin> Guys, I might start to modify the 7.3 installer to make it
    Florin> use XFS out of the box. Michael Best did some research on
    Florin> it, and below are his thoughts.  Do you think his plan is
    Florin> ok? What are the obvious things missing?  I'm planning to
    Florin> use the 2.4.18 XFS-enabled kernel from oss.sgi.com, and
    Florin> also start with Michael's work here:

    Florin> http://www.pendragon.org/projects/valhalla-xfs/index_html

[Warning -- RH 7.2 experience]

The initrd can't be made using standard mkinitrd as far as I know.  I
contains a non-standard init which calls /sbin/loader.  /sbin/loader
itself is a sort of swiss knife of lots of apps rolled into one:
language selection, modprobe, hardware probes, etc.  In the end,
loader runs anaconda from the stage2.img.

The easiest way I found of making a custom initrd is to gunzip the
original one, mount -oloop it, make whatever changes are required and
then umount and gzip it again.  Maybe there're some tools available in
anaconda-source or anaconda-runtime-source, but was too lazy to check
:-)

Regards,

-- Raju

--