Re: Tool to read hdlist files

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 18:51, barjunk wrote:
> I was thinking that I would be able to read the hdlist files so that I
> could find out which CD a particular rpm is on.

The attached script I wrote a few weeks back for some random reason does
it.  Need to remember to throw this into the anaconda-runtime package
since it could be moderately useful for the general case.

Usage is simple enough -- 'dumphdrlist.py /path/to/hdlist' and it will
then print the NEVRA of all of the packages as well as the disc it's on
in the format
  E:N-V-R.A   disc

Cheers,

Jeremy
#!/usr/bin/python
#
# dumphdrlist.py - dump the header list and give the discs that each
# package is on
#
# Copyright 2002 Red Hat, Inc.
# Author: Jeremy Katz <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx>
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
#

import rpm
import os
import sys

def usage():
    print "%s <headerlist>" % (sys.argv[0])

def compareHeaders(first, second):
    name1 = first[rpm.RPMTAG_NAME]
    name2 = second[rpm.RPMTAG_NAME]

    if (name1 < name2):
        return -1
    elif (name1 > name2):
        return 1
    return 0

if len(sys.argv) < 2:
    usage()
    sys.exit(0)

hdlist = rpm.readHeaderListFromFile(sys.argv[1])
hdlist.sort(compareHeaders)
for hdr in hdlist:
    if hdr[rpm.RPMTAG_EPOCH] == None:
        epoch = "0"
    else:
        epoch = hdr[rpm.RPMTAG_EPOCH]
    print "%s:%s-%s-%s.%s %s" %(epoch,
                                hdr[rpm.RPMTAG_NAME], hdr[rpm.RPMTAG_VERSION],
                                hdr[rpm.RPMTAG_RELEASE], hdr[rpm.RPMTAG_ARCH],
                                hdr[1000002])