RE: Kickstart SCSI not working

> From: barjunk [mailto:barjunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Here is the ks section:
>
> clearpart --linux
>
> part / --fstype ext3 --onpart sda1
> part /var --fstype ext3 --onpart sdb1
> part swap --onpart sda2
>

> This is what the anaconda routine created for me...I did not
> change it.
> Because of the clearpart directive, do I need to do more before the
> onpart sections?

I thought that clearpart erased all of the Linux partitions, but the manual
for Red Hat Linux 7.3 kickstart says that if you use the clearpart command,
you cannot use the --onpart command on _logical_ partitions.  This seems to
imply that you can use --onpart on primary partitions.  Perhaps Jeremy can
enlighten us.

I would change the --onpart section to --size e.g.,

part / --fstype ext3 --size 500 --grow
part /var --fstype ext3 --ondisk sdb --size 500 --grow
part swap --size 500

Of course, if you don't have two scsi disks in each machine that your are
installing, you may want to remove the --ondisk sdb option to /var.

Forrest