RE: Kickstart SCSI not working

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 08:12, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
> > From: barjunk [mailto:barjunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > When I look in /dev there is no sd devices.
> >
> > What do I need to do now to trouble shoot it?
> >
> > Mike
>
> Do you have SCSI drives on the machine that is being kickstarted?  If not,
> change the hd to sd, or remove the partitioning part and do it manually.

Yes I do have SCSI drives...when the system starts up, the kernel seems
to recognize them.  All of the entries in the ks.cfg are using sd
instead of hd...

I am using RH 7.2, BTW.

I did do it manually and that worked, however, I was wondering if it was
at all possible to use the partitioning commands with a SCSI system.
Are there some %pre steps that might need to be taken?

Mike