Fully automatic installation

Hi all,

I want to be able to put a CD in a machine, power it on and walk away
When I come back later I would have a customized installation of RHL.  I
am thinking about places where there are lots of identical machines and
also where consistent repeatable installations are necessary.

In this environment I also see everything being pulled over the network,
the kickstart configuration file, the installation sources, nearly
everything.  The boot CD would be very small.  This might also be
possible from a floppy, not sure until I get further into it but since
most modern machines do have CDROMs...

I've figured out how to create a custom bootable CD that would
automatically use the kickstart installation method and pull that file
via HTTP.  (Eventually I'd like to extend this further to use something
like http://server/mac-address/ks.cfg and using links on the web server
one could then have a few template ks files, for various different types
of machines.  To create a new say DNS server would one create link from
the mac address of the new machine to the ks file for the sites DNS
servers.)  By keeping the everything on the a server as updates arrive
they can easily replace the older RPM in the install media, all without
having to burn new CDs.

My difficultly right now is that the driver for my NIC, 8139too.o, is
not included in the default RHL 7.2 modules.cgz.  I've played around
with trying to add the module, but am not having any luck.  I put the
correct module for the kernel in the right location and modified
module-info. I'm unsure of what, if anything, I should be putting into
pcitable.

When I booted off of the CD after making the above changes, I did not
see my card listed in the selection.

Has anyone tried this before?  Any lessons learned?  Am I reinventing
the wheel?

Thanks,
Chad