Re: PXE and RH7.2

> Are you sure that you have to use the pxe package?  If your network
> cards are recent enough, you should be able to use the stock Red Hat
> dhcp and tftp servers and boot with pxelinux.  I just sent some info
> about this to this list last week, and there's more info at
> http://syslinux.zytor.net

Perhaps.  I initially tried to go the pxelinux route, but we have a RIS server
on the network and nothing I could do, short of specifying PXEClient in the
DHCP conf would get the linux machines to ignore the RIS server response.  I
played around with every other dhcp option I could find, trying to create a
group of machines that would ignore the RIS server response.  If anybody
has suggestions about how to force the linux clients to boot from a linux
server, I'd be happy to investigate those options.

Thanks,

Mark