Re: kickstart on iseries

Thanks for the answer. Kickstart works with iSeries. You can pass the
location of kickstart file as IPL parameter....

Liza

                      "Seth D. Alford"
                      <setha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        To:       kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                      com>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  Re: kickstart on iseries
                      kickstart-list-admin
                      @redhat.com

                      03/08/2002 01:48 PM
                      Please respond to
                      kickstart-list

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 02:41:59PM -0500, Liza Alenchery wrote:
> Will kickstart work with IBM iSeries RedHat 7.1 Installation? During the
> install,  the initial prompt where user can specify *linux ks* seems to
> absent.  Does this mean that the kickstart is totally turned off? Is
there
> a way to make kickstart work?  There is no syslinux.cfg file on the CD.
>
> Thanks
> Liza

I don't know about the iSeries.  I do know it works on IBM
xSeries, and Netvista.

The syslinux.cfg file is on the CD, inside the floppy
image file .../images/boot.img.  You can look at what's inside
this by doing:

cp .../image/boot.img /tmp/boot.img        # not strictly necessary, but
makes
                                                             # it easier to
modify the floppy
                                                             # image.
cd /tmp
mkdir boot
mount boot.img boot -o loop
cd boot
ls                                                           # You should
see the syslinux.cfg file
                                                             # here.

--Seth