RE: kickstart error - 'no valid devices to create filesystems'

Title: RE: kickstart error - 'no valid devices to create filesystems'

Yes, I know _exactly_ what I'm doing here.  I'm destroying my file system so I can re-partition successfully.
Duah!  If you wipe out all your partitioning info, you aren't going to have a filesystem left!

My method assumes the following:

1) you are trying to install on one hard drive - not a raid or any multi disk system
2) you want to wipe out the entire disk before you install.

This method has been successful for over hundreds of installs, on a varying array of hardware -old and new.  All badblocks does is write a series of 0's and 1's (hex A) to every byte to the HD, ignoring any partitioning information. MBR records, everything.  If you want to start over, clean your plate, this is the way.  There will be no trace of any data/MBR/or partitions that were previously placed on the disk.

All the files of my kickstart systems are "the latest" as of December 10th, 2001.
It's based on RedHat 7.2.

What version of libparted.so  should we be using?
Where does this file live in the ks boot floppy image?
How can you querry it's version?

Ryan Allen
Senior Test Engineer
F5 NETWORKS