Re: kickstart error - 'no valid devices to create filesystems'

I've got a very good idea what the problem is, having seen it recently.

My experience is that you hit this error if your boot.img (or bootnet.img)
doesn't match the OS version that you're installing.

I ran into this problem with VA's version of RedHat - and don't recall
having the issue with RedHat 6.1 - YMMV. This can be as subtle as March
and June versions of "the same" OS.

cheers!

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Brian K. Jones wrote:
> I have a machine with two hard drives, both empty, and the simplest
> kickstart file in the entire world.
>
> At first, I was getting errors that kickstart 'Could not allocate
> partitions', even though I was well within the space limitations of
> the disk, and I was only creating the minimum required partitions
> using only a fraction of the drive's 36GB capacity.
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."