Re: partial automation - "interactive" works - but not in "text" mode

seth vidal wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 16:59, aaron.mcsorley@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >    I'm trying to get a RH 7.2 kickstart to only answer a handfull of install questions:
> >       install method  nfs
> >       nfs server name and share
> >       language
> >       keyboard type
> >
> >     I would like it to prompt me for everything else, namely local IP/network info and package selection.
> >  Someone posted about this type of thing sometime ago on the list but I cant find it in the archive.
> from the docs:
>
> interactive (optional) [1]
>
>     Uses the information provided in the kickstart file during the
> installation, but allow for inspection and modification of the values
> given. You will be presented with each screen of the installation
> program with the values from the kickstart file. Either accept the
> values by clicking Next or change the values and click Next to continue.
> See also the section called autostep.

 I have tried the "interactive" option and it does work.
 The non-intuitive aspect is that it only works in graphical install mode,
 i.e. it doesn't work if you specify "text".  This was a disappointment to
 me (and AFAIK isn't a documented restrictiion) as "text" mode pretty
 much forestalls any graphics card problems (it's not so much "text"
 as VGA) so we use it to keep things going smoothly.

--
John Gerth      gerth@xxxxxxxxxxxx         (650) 725-3273  fax 723-0033